Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Young American Shakespeare Festival

You know how I love Walden Theater. Somehow their Young American Shakespeare Festival, which starts this weekend, just crept up on me.

Both My So-Called So-Called Life and When In Disgrace... , the two Walden plays I've seen and loved, were directed by Alec Volz, who is directing Henry V for the festival. I suppose I should check out the other directors' work, but I'm really curious to see Volz's take on this epic.

All of the plays are at the Victor Jory theater at Actors. Here's the schedule for the festival:

Henry V
directed by Alec Volz
May 6,8,10,13 @ 7:30 pm
May 15 @ 2:00 pm

Love's Labour's Lost
directed by Charlie Sexton
May 11,16 @ 7:30 pm
May 14 @ 8:00 pm
May 8,9 @ 2:00 pm

Timon of Athens
directed by J. Barrett Cooper
May 7,9,12,15 @ 7:30 pm
May 16 @ 2:00 pm

No comments: