Friday, May 22, 2009

Take Me Out To the Paaaark!!!!

Every time I go to a Bats game, I get confounded at the 7th inning stretch. I'm a 4th generation Red Sox fan. As they say in my former neck of the woods: "Some people are Christian, some people are Jewish; I'm a Red Sox Fan." And I love base ball and all its trappings. So when the Jumbotron at Slugger Field plays the official words to "Take me out to the Ballgame," I am bulloxed up by the line "Take me out with the crowd!" I SWEAR, at Fenway, the lyrics are sung: "Take me out to the Paaaarrrkk!"

Anybunny know for sure? Or is this just a Mama thing. Because back when she was a wee wee girl she also thought the line "If we don't win it's a shame" was "If we don't win it's a SHAVE." A shave. It made total sense to me. Like: "if we don't win, it must have been a very close (like a shave) game."

Mama's got to get herself to another Bats game. Seems like she has good mojo working this year: seen two games, seen two wins. And out Louisville Bats are on a bit of a losing streak. This should be a beautiful weekend for a game (or two) vs. Syracuse. But starting on Monday, the Bats have a series with the Pawtucket Red Sox, and my loyalties suddenly become a bit muddy.

I think next time I go, I'll get the Rally's Grand Slam Deal so I can get a free hat. I think the math is pretty excellent:

Ticket $6 <-- dirt cheapest rate
Hot Dog $2.50
Soda $3
Program $2
Rally's Burger $2 (?? never been to Rally's??)
= Hat for $2.50

In other Slugger Field news, Browning's has re-opened-- I'm, like, the last person to blog about it. But I'm hearing mixed reviews.

Dog Day at the Park is coming up June 9. Bring your pup, and you get in for $6 and Rolf gets in for $3. I am pupless, but I may have to check out the general chaos.

Also, on Sunday July 12, Christian Rockers Tenth Avenue North are playing at Slugger Field, if you're into that sort of thing. (I am not) Tickets MUST be ordered by July 1.

Play Ball, y'all!

1 comment:

jacque4u2c said...

Dog day sounds great! I know my pup will luv it!